Top Test-Taking Tips for Elementary Students

For Kindergarten through 6th Grade

Week 11! Ahhhh!

on November 10, 2022

Date: November 10th, 2022

By: Hailey Palella

Always Be Kind and Help Those Who Need It!

Don’t be a bully!

Today was another great day! I was very excited to come and spend another day in the classroom. Today was really exciting because at 9:30am we got to go to an assembly! I have not been to an assembly in a long time! This assembly was about bullying, which is really good and important for the students to attend to. The students had a blast at the assembly because the guest speaker was so nice and brought in puppets in order to illustrate and explain bullying to the students and show the ways that students can help themselves and others when they are in a situation were they or someone else is being bullied. The assembly was great and age appropriate for the students! This assembly was necessary and a very important and serious conversation to have.

NO BULLYING

As always, I read another story to the students. This story went along with the theme of Veterans Day. The story was called “Hero Mom” written by Melinda Hardin and illustrated by Bryan Langdo. In this book, readers learn about the kinds of jobs that many women do. One mom builds buildings, one mom works with animals to find missing people, one mom works in airplanes to help them fly, one mom works on trucks, and one mom works on tanks to help them roll. The moms in the book are superheroes. They may not leap over tall buildings, and they may not have super-human speed. They do all kinds of things to help create a safer world. These superheroes are moms. Military moms. Hero moms. Hero Mom is a combination of children’s perspectives on what their military moms do while serving our country. This story was a great story to read to the students because some students who have family in the military would be able to relate to the kids in the book, which is really cool and sentimental.

“Hero Mom” written by Melinda Hardin and illustrated by Bryan Langdo.

This week the students have been preparing for their Veterans Day assembly which is tomorrow, I wish I could attend because some of the students get to read the letter that they wrote to the Veterans at the assembly tomorrow, which is going to be so sweet and wholesome. The students who are reading their letters tomorrow get to read it to the Veteran in their family, who will be in attendance at the assembly tomorrow, which is very sweet and wholesome.

Last week all of the students wrote a letter to the Veterans regardless if they have a family member who has served or not. Tomorrow the letters will be passed out to the Veterans. The teacher who put all of the Veterans Day assembly did a great job!

Next week, I teach Math! I am very nervous and I plan to practice a lot this weekend and the days leading up to my lesson.

Here is my Math Lesson Outline:

• AS: Brief Introduction to Lesson- “I Can” Statement
  • DI: Fluency Practice- Rewrite Expressions as 10+ sentences, 5-Group Flash, Teen Number Bonds
  • GP: Concept Development, Application Problem
  • IP: Exit Ticket
  • C: Student Debrief- Review (debrief questions regarding problem set)
I Can Statement
Application Problem

I am very excited for another week in the classroom next week. I have two lessons left; Math and Science! Woohoo!

posted on November 10th, 2022 at 7:53pm